Follow Me @italianmamasaga

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cloth Diaper Challenge continued...

Ugh, I was SO.STINKING.SICK. this week. I ended up at Urgent Care, they transferred me to the ER...they tried to admit me, but I knew they wouldn't figure out a diagnosis so it wasn't worth being away from home again (three years ago this happened also...)

I woke up a few days ago and was vomiting and my heart was racing. No, they couldn't figure out why after four Docs and 3 EKGs. Oh well. Anyway, I am back on my feet and ready to go again. I made some cloth liners from some cutesy giraffe print fleece:

Ok, I suppose I could have rotated them, but you get the idea

I use these over Audrey's prefolds when I have those in the little gPants to keep the moisture off her skin.

I also decided I needed a better system for storing dirty dipes. I already own a Diaper Genie, so I figured, why not? Well, first I did learn that no or poor circulation will lead to mildew and there is no removing that, so I knew I needed air.

I popped that baby open and looked around. That stupid little thing that closes the bag is not air tight, the bag is. So I put a new bag in...opened it all the way around and made it fully open...then, I popped the spring under the closer grabby thing under the lid. Now the bag is in there and the closure is permanently open for air. I just toss the old diapers in there. Tada!

Ok, well this isn't ideal for me, but it works for the moment. I would like to get a nice pail liner and a small trash can or a diaper champ and use that. I will keep using the genie as long as I need to though :)

I really wish I had more updates, but the holidays are kicking my rear.

More on us tomorrow hopefully...

No comments: