Follow Me @italianmamasaga

Friday, April 17, 2015

Road to consecration

An amazing thing happened last night; Boo laid next to me in bed while I was reading 33 Days to Morning Glory and asked if she could do the retreat with me.

Mind. Blown.
She is 12...well, this month she will be 12.

It was at that moment that I realized what a wonderful life God has given me recently. I have three amazing daughters and the son I wanted so badly. All four of my children are relatively healthy, not counting the Epilepsy issue. They are all very intelligent children, and very well adjusted. I am lucky enough to be able to work from home while I attend school, all while I homeschool Boo and Bear. From the depths of my heart, I am grateful. I love my life as it is now, and I have God to thank for that.


I recently decided to read 33 Days to Morning Glory as a way to get myself closer to Mary. I love my Holy Mother, and I want to be a mother like she was. A mother who can put the needs of God before her own selfish desires {I am terrible at that}. I want to be a mother who teaches her children to love God above all else. I want to be a mother God can be proud of.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much, and I have had some troubles with the retreat and have had to force myself to look at consecrating myself to Mary as a new adventure. There are basic ideas I naturally do not like in here, and it took a lot of prayer to see that I was looking at this retreat all wrong. My prayers have been made stronger by this, and I now fear asking God or anyone for help a lot less thanks to this book.

I have dedicated these next few weeks to giving more to God and more respect to Mary than I have in the past. I will offer more prayers to Mary for her to choose how they are disbursed and who will benefit from them. How have you rededicated yourself to God lately?


No comments: