Follow Me @italianmamasaga

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Just a new re-do on my original idea

So It has been a while since we started cloth diapers, an I love them!

What don't I love? My stash...

We now have about 8 prefolds and 4 covers (2 blueberry and 2 flips)
We also have 2 gPants with 3 liners and 15 inserts (I don't love these anymore)
And we have 13 Sunbaby diapers, 1 Kawaii minky and 1 Bumgenius 4.0

I have also added cloth wipes and cloth liners.

Why don't I love my stash? My tastes are NOT what I expected. I expected to love pockets. I expected to hate prefolds and covers. I expected to be that mom. The one with all the new age pocket diapers. I was wrong.


I have decided I want a whole different diaper stash!

My new ideal stash (after much learning and growing:

Pockets:
My 14 Sunbaby diapers and my BG 4.0 (I wouldn't turn down BG as a gift though, I like them a lot)
12 Kawaii diapers, maybe a Goodnight Heavy Wetter or two as well... $80


 

Covers:
My 2 Flips (oh how I wish these were snaps...but the aplix does allow for a fast change) You know...I don't love these like I thought I would...
My 2 Blueberrys
2 Diaper Safari covers! $18
2 Swaddlebees Capri covers (these are costly though) $34

Prefolds and Flats:
This is where it gets all fun!
Oso Cosy flats at least 12 $24
Maybe 12 prefolds $24 Actually, I am pretty sure prefolds aren't that great! Maybe just some doublers or even inserts...hmm...
Receiving Blankets in cute prints about 9 $18 (I can even make matching wipes)
Jersey knit cotton for another 12 or so diapers $who knows...
Edited to add...I made flats from left over cotton knit. They are all pink and cute. I have some green I will be using as wipes.



Fitteds:
Kissaluvs one size hybrids with snappis I need like 10 $110

All together I would have a total of 89 diapers! Holy cow!
Edited to add...I got my 10 Kissas! Yay. What did that run me? $30

While this might seem excessive to some people, but there are those who have hundreds of diapers! This set would cost me another $300. Now that is excessive.

Why so many diapers? Well, for one, they are all one size diapers. Two, they maintain a great resale value. Ok, not the prefolds and flats, but I can customize those to my own liking. Three, the pockets are for mere convenience. Ultimately I would like to move to flats, prefolds, and fitteds. The pockets would bee for sitters and anyone else who might change Nana. Plus having a few extras never hurt anyone anyway. What if my bestie comes over and doesn't have enough dipes? Sure, her boy will look odd in pink...oh wait! My Kawaii pockets will be gender neutral! See? See?



If you have tried any of these what are your experiences?

No comments: